Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes

I have a confession... My name is Tonya and I am addicted to baking :) lol I have always liked to bake ...but lately it has become something I LOVE to do! Dont get me wrong I like to cook, but there is something about whipping up something sweet for other people (ok ... or myself too ;)) that I am just loving right now! :D So the other day I was up at 4 am with a certain 3 month old  little boy who likes to get up about then to come to bed with his momma to snuggle...and I could NOT get the ideas of this recipe out of my head! I just kept thinking about how to combine banana pudding with a cupcake....The next morning I was searching some of my much loved food blogs for a recipe to solve this conundrum in my head but I couldnt find a recipe that was quite what I was looking for and thus, my version of the Banana Cream Pie Cupcake was born!

Lets start with the cutest baking assistant on the earth:




And now for the cupcake, these cupcakes are pretty tasty I must say! They pretty much taste like a sugar cookie and I think they would probably be awesome with just about anything in or on them! LOL

Butter Cupcake:
1 c. (2 sticks) of butter
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Cream butter and sugar together.

 Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one.

 Keep mixing on high until the batter turns light and fluffy (like frosting).   


Slowly add milk and vanilla. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together. Spoon into batter while on low speed.This is not going to look like your "typical" cake batter, its going to be really light and fluffy.. and YUMMY! lol 

spoon this mixture into your lined muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for aprox 15-20 mins. 
I got about 2 and a half dozen cupcakes out of this recipe 


The Filling:
1 prepared box french vanilla pudding 
2-4 ripe bananas diced 
mix bananas into the pudding and chill until the cupcakes are ready to fill 

The whipped topping: 
2 c. cold whipping cream 
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp vanilla 

mix whipping cream on med. speed until ribbons start to form. Then slowly add sugar and beat on high speed until the cream is nice and stiff. mix in vanilla 
(I forgot to take pics of this part... lol) 
you might need to double this to get a decent amount of topping. I used half of this recipe and half of the cupcakes and it was just enough to do barely enough topping on each one (I wish I would have had more on them)


Assembly:
I used a knife to score an x in the middle of my cupcake and then pulled out a small amount of the cake and spooned in my filling  (if you have a pastry tip and piping bag this would work better I am sure! ;) lol )

pipe on your whipped cream (you could totally use store bought cool whip for this... I just felt like making my own since  had never done it before!

and now top with crushed graham cracker or vanilla wafer
(someday.. I will get my camera screen fixed and actually be able to see what I am taking pictures of so the shots are lined up...lol )  


and there ya have it! Hopefully these will get good reviews tomorrow when my hubby takes them to work ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment